Terms & Conditions
1. Accuracy of information and disclaimer
- 1.1 The English Village team will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that all information on the site is accurate. However, the site and material available on the site are provided for general information purposes only. Before entering into any contract based on or relating to information on this site, you should obtain full information from the organisation or individual with whom you are establishing the contact. English Village is not responsible for information provided by any third party in relation to such a contact.
- 1.2 You acknowledge that any reliance on any information or other material contained on this site is entirely at your own risk and all other warranties, undertakings, conditions and terms, expressed or implied, whether by common law, statute, custom, trade usage, course of dealings or otherwise (including without limitation as to quality, fitness for purpose, performance or suitability for purpose) in respect of the site are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- 1.4 Subject to the above, you acknowledge that our liability to you for direct loss arising out of or in connection with use of the site shall be limited to £100 (one hundred pounds sterling) for any one incident or series of incidents. We shall, however, in no circumstances be liable for anything in connection with your use of the site for any indirect, economic, or consequential loss whatsoever; loss of revenue; loss of profits; loss of business; loss of goodwill or reputation; loss of use; any deletion, corruption, destruction, loss or removal of data or any professional charges.
- 1.5 You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee that our site will always be available to you, owing to the nature of the internet. In addition, you acknowledge that out site may be unavailable owing to maintenance, but where possible we will carry out such maintenance outside the main operating hours, and we will try to minimise the period of any disruption.
2 Code of conduct
- 2.1 You agree to ensure that any details which you supply to us through the site are accurate and to let us know promptly if any of the details which you have supplied to us about you change.
- 2.2 When accessing any part of our site that requires you to enter a password, you agree to keep any personal login name and password for use on the site confidential, and to be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from use of your password by any third party.
- 2.3 We reserve the right to terminate your access to password-protected areas of our site should we consider that your use of the site is detrimental to the site or to other users.
- 2.4 If accessing any part of the site you agree:
- 2.4.1 Not to use the site in such a way that disrupts, interferes with or restricts the use of the site by other third party users;
- 2.4.2 To ensure that any materials uploaded, displayed or transmitted by you through or to the site are not false, offensive, defamatory, threatening, obscene, unlawful and do not breach or infringe the rights of any person anywhere in the world and you waive any moral rights in respect of any such material;
- 2.4.3 Not to reverse engineer, decompile, copy or adapt any software or other code or scripts forming part of the site nor attempt to transmit to or via the site any information that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other harmful or disruptive components;
- 2.4.4 Not to send “spam” email or any unsolicited correspondence which is unrelated to the business of English Village to any addresses made available on the site; and
- 2.4.5 Not to change, modify, delete, interfere with or misuse data contained on the site entered by or relating to any third party user of the site.
- 2.6 You should satisfy yourself that you have appropriate protection against viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature while using the internet, and that your connection to the site is secure.
3 Links and message boards
- 3.1 The site may include hyperlinks to third party websites. English Village accepts no responsibility for and can give no warranties, guarantees or representations in respect of the content or availability of material of any third party.
- 3.2 Any opinions expressed on message boards forming part of the site are not necessarily those of English Village or anyone connected with English Village. We reserve the right to edit or delete any postings to message boards at our sole discretion, but have no obligation to monitor or amend the content of such message boards.
4 Copyright and intellectual property
- 4.1 The copyright and other intellectual property from material contained on the site, including without limitation in text, is owned by English Village except where otherwise stated.
- 4.2 All other rights are reserved.
5 Data protection
- 5.1 By registering to access secure areas on this site, you consent to us processing your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection and Privacy Statement.
6 Contacting us
- 7. Governing law and jurisdiction
- 7.1 These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Each party irrevocably agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England over any claim or matter arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions.